I couldn’t have started my business without these tools, they’re like unicorn tears to a budding entrepreneur.
1. Trello – great for product development, tracking to-do lists and basic project management.
2. Asana – my go-to project management tool that sends reminders by tasks, alerts when tasks are missed and keeps me on track for each project.
3. Evernote – the easy way to keep all my business ideas and notes in one place that’s available at all times.
4. Canva – my favourite way to create graphics for e-courses, social media, newsletters etc. Pay only for the images you use, not a subscription.
5. Pic Monkey – photo editing and design graphics.
6. Lastpass – the best way to keep all those millions of passwords.
7. Squarespace – my website that makes me look a tad more professional than I am!
8. Mailchimp – free business newsletter service up to 2,000 subscribers. Simple, free and effective.
9. Screencast O-Matic – free software I use to capture screens for e-courses and record videos.
10. Teachable – the platform I use to host my e-course, after trying 3 different providers this one rocks!
11. Zapier – manage all app integrations in one place.
12. PayPal for Business – payment gateway for business.
14. PDF Escape – free and easy to make all PDFs interactive.
15. Dropbox for Business – easy way to store and share files with teams and customers.
16. Instagram – need I say more?
17. Facebook – need I say more?
18. Pinterest – need I say more?
19. Twitter – need I say more?
20. LinkedIn – need I say more?
21. Medium – not really social media per se, but more of a content platform I use that gets your message out there.
22. Buffer - a perennial favorite for scheduling social media posts because it’s easy, cheap, and effective.
23. Hootesuite – similar to Buffer nut more robust in some ways.
24. Coschedule Headline Analyser – similar to above, but I only use the headline analyser to help create engaging blog post titles.
25. Bit.ly - at its most basic, Bitly is a link shortener. But it also offers statistics and data about how many people are clicking on your links and where they’re being shared.
26. Ow.ly – similar to Bit.ly, but 1 digit shorter.
27. Continual – turn Instagram videos into 15 minute stories on your phone.
28. Rev.com - transcribes audio or video to text. Great for FB lives -> podcast or blog post.
29. Trint - same as rev.com but cheaper.
30. Unsplash – this is the photo sharing platform I use most often.
31. Death to the Stock Photo – similar to above.
32. Meetup – platform to create, find like-minded groups that meet up regularly.
33. Mighty Networks - a new(ish) platform for building communities.
34. Facebook Groups – doesn’t need an explanation.
35. Slack – messaging system and file sharing and community building platform.
36. Headspace – meditation app great for starters.
37. Calm – similar to above.
38. Pomodoro Keeper – time management technique to increase productivity.
39. Interval Timer – similar to Pomodoro.
40. Way of Life – break a bad habit.
41. Mindmeister – mind-mapping tool.
42. Sketch – easy to use prototyping tool.
43. InVision – interactive protyping tool.
44. Balsalmiq – rapid wireframing software that helps you design your interface fast.
45. Github – build and test code launches.
46. Trello – see above in Business Operations.
47. Bubble – build software or an app with zero coding knowledge.
In addition to these great resources, we also offer:
48. FREE Startup Mini-Course - to get you from start to finish in 6 days.
49. Idea Generator Toolkit - to help you find your ideal business idea.
50. Idea to Impact Accelerator - to get you from a business idea to launching your business with paying customers in 6 weeks.